Thursday, October 28, 2010

Happy Halloween!!!

I am officially the worst blogger ever!!!! Mainly b/c i do not want this to turn into a venue to just complain all the time and I'm afraid that would be easy to do. Truth is, there is stuff to write everyday, challenges and struggles worthy of noting, but I don't want it to consume me. We are limited by everything we do and everyone we hang out with, but the more I confess that, the more it takes over me and if there is one thing Ty has taught me, it's the fact that I have complete control over how it affects my attitude. Nothing phases Ty. At school, he decided to sit by himself each day so that the other kids' food wouldn't bother him and when I asked him why he did that he said "don't worry mom, i don't mind." He has a much better attitude than I do. Each day we talk about the foods he's gonna eat when he outgrows these food allergies. As noted before, he wants to start off "eating cheese off the floor at old mac donalds." :)
Now its time for Halloween. Yet another holiday wrapped around food. Last year we let him go trick or treating and the few houses that held out a bowl for him to get his own candy we just said no thank you. Then when he walked in, I gave him another pumpkin filled with candy he could eat and I ate his (after he went to bed of course, and i had time to de-contaminate). So this year the same applies. I just went to Target and spent too much money on candy to hand out and candy for the boys (plus a few surprises to make up for the lack of variety). It should be fun. We decided not to do the carnivals this year b/c there is always too much food around and usually always has some form of peanuts for sale. So we are going simple and as safe as possible. Its so much easier now that he is getting older and truly understanding what we are dealing with. But at the end of the day, he is only 3 and that is all I can expect him to act like.
Again, I apologize for not updating this as often as I should. I just decided after our last testing that I would live every day to the fullest and not dwell on how severe this is. If I do, I will lose my mind and live every day in fear. And Ty does not deserve that. I have backed off of computer time, phone time, text time, etc. and just concentrating on every single moment God keeps my baby safe. Now we are starting to teach Tanner about Ty's allergies so that when he gets older, he can help protect him also. Praise God for giving me a child who is smart enough and stronger than I am to deal with something like this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment