Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day

so today is the first day of my blog and i apologize for the novice-ness of this. I am new to all this. I wanted to share information with people in the Upstate and all over who might also be dealing with food allergies. As most of you know, my two year old son was born with food allergies and its been very frustrating and not to mention scary at times. To most people food can be a source of healing but for our family it can kill. We have had two major scares since he has been born. He is deathly allergic to milk, nut and egg. Praise God he has outgrown wheat, soy, corn, and oat: and we look forward to adding more to the outgrown list. 80% of children outgrow food allergies by the age 5 so we are almost half way there. Please share your experiences and tips and together we can overcome this obstacle!

3 comments:

  1. I don't have any experiences or advice. But I am always happy to remind you that knowing you and Ty as made me a better mother. I think twice about every food I let Charlie eat in public. Don't want to set a potentially harmful trap for someone else. Long live Snapeas! Love ya girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, helping one person be a little more conscience (sp?) about what they let their kids eat in public, makes Ty's life a little safer. People don't realize that giving their child peanut butter crackers at the park automatically ends the trip for another child. So thanks for thinking about us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ali, this blog is a fantastic idea--I'm so glad you're doing it. I know it'll help so many other people, and give folks an insight into what life is like for y'all and Ty. Congrats and kudos on deciding to write it!

    All my love to you, Chad, and the boys!

    ~ Katie Crawford

    ReplyDelete